Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Timing of Life

What we're talking about today:

Talking about Work... Sucks

I rose for my seat, lifted my middle finger and said, “fuck you, fuck this place... and fuck everything this place stands for... I quit.”

While it's no secret I quit my job. For the sake of this blog, I haven't divulged exactly how the episode went down. 
For the sake of transparency... It didn't happen like above. 

No cussing, no rage, nothing like the first sentence of this post... that, is what we call in the business, was a hook.  But I did walk away from a regular, full-time gig that paid $58K per year. And that is all that matters for the sake of this article. We'll get to the gritty details of “quit day” soon enough.

It's different to have a career and to work full-time. Garbage men work full-time, being a social worker for an at-risk youth group is a career. The prior probably pays more... The latter, might be more fulfilling. Unless you are a dirtbag and like grunge.

Why am I bringing up the obvious? I guess it's because I finally realized why I struggled so much with the real world bullshit of having to work full-time. I just didn't get why I was doing it. Living pay check to pay check is not every college graduates plan. But sadly, it's most of our reality. I have shit ton of student loan money left to pay and I have been a professional for 15 years. Why keep at it?



No comments:

Post a Comment