Monday, July 18, 2011

A Long Weekend

Hope you are all well.

So the wife took Friday off this past weekend. Subsequently, the Martin clan got to spend three days together.  We didn't kill each other.
TJ is 18 months old now and that likely helped keep things cool when it came to the wife and myself. We are still very much amazed at everything he does.
From talking (which he does a lot of) to dancing (which he is just starting to do).

Well, after three days of total non-stop family... I felt hungover come Monday morning.
I overdosed on TJ and Lesley.

Sounds weird right? But think about it, when we work all the time and get into our daily routines... The body becomes comfortable with how many hours of contact we get.
It sucks, a fat one, that I only get to see my wife for a couple hours in the morning and for a brief period at night. But that is the way it is right now.

Unfortunately for the past two weeks (extended work furlough) I have been able to see my wife and kid as much as I want.
No I have to go back to the old schedule cold turkey and it stinks.

I can only imagine how I am going to feel by Thursday of this week.


How do you deal with coming off a bender?

No comments:

Post a Comment