Monday, July 18, 2011

Nothing is ever the same

It's funny, but I don't remember much these days...
Only a few key moments are crystal clear.
But when it comes to January 18, 2010, I can still that day like it was yesterday.
January 18, 2010
At around 2:15 am, my wife woke me up with the line, "Either my water just broke or I wet the bed."
Her water broke, and I wet the bed.

After months of planning, buying, thinking up names, painting the baby room, we had finally arrived at the finish line.
Lesley was going into labor.  The doctor told us to get to the hospital ASAP, this was it.

We had packed clothes for the trip already.  Two carry-on suitcases armed with a change of clothes, snacks, cameras, video cameras, you name it.  So after a quick shower and then change of clothes for the wife and me and we were in the car.  It seemed to take only five minutes.  Because of Lesley's planning things were going ultra-smoothly.

As I backed out of the driveway, I thought to myself:
"Wow! This is it.  We are really doing this.  I can't believe I am going to be a father soon.  I can't believe I have reached this part of my life... I can't.... BREATHE"

Yup, that's right, I was having an asthma attack.
Luckily, Les had packed her inhaler and after a shot I was good to go.

We had TJ at 9 pm that night.
It was a brutal delivery for Les.
But she is a champ.
Always there for me when I need her and always prepared.

Was it worth it? I think so
What was your delivery story?

No comments:

Post a Comment